ספר צמח דוד
dedicated to the Pope
Dedicating a Sefer to an individual or a family is very common today. One of the best known Sefer
dedication is The Schottenstein Shas.
This custom goes back to the times of the Geonim, & maybe even earlier.
1) R. Amram Gaon dedicated his “Seder Hatefilos” to R. Yitzchok Bar-Shimon who sent him
ten Golden coins for the Yeshiva in Mechasya.
2) R. Menachem b. Zerach dedicated his Sefer “Tzeidah Laderech” to Don Shmuel Abarbanel.
3) R. Ovadia Seforno dedicated his Sefer “Ohr Olam” to King Henri 2nd(France)
4) R.Dovid de Pomis dedicated his Sefer “Tzemach Dovid” to Pope Sixtus 5th
5) R.Menashe b Yisroel dedicated his Sefer “Mikveh Yisroel”(Hope of Israel) to
The British Parliament, Courts of England & Prime Minister Oliver Cromwell.
6) R. Mordechai Gimpel Halevi dedicated his Sefer “Tochachas Megillah” to Gustav the
President of Sweden.
7) Efraim Pinner* dedicated his “GermanTranslation on Meseches Brochos to
Tsar Nicholas 1st (Russia)
*The Chasam Sofer retracted the Haskama he gave him.deded
Post a Comment
anything that is not relevant to the post will be marked as spam.