Most of us are familiar with Bruriah wife of R.Mier. She was a great Talmida Chacham.*1
There were many more, some not as famous as Bruriah.
1) The daughter of R. Shmuel Halevi (Gaonim) was a bokie in Gemoro and she taught
2) The wife of the Rokeach. She was killed with her children . The Rokeach
wrote a Kinah for her.
3) Shut Maharshal (29) writes, his grandmother Miriam had a yeshiva and said Halacha
for outstanding bachurim from behind the curtain.
4) Hakdamah Drisha (yo”d 2) writes ,about the greatness of his mother Beila.
She learned Chumash/Rashi and meforshim ,mechadesh chidushim, Knew hilchos
Nidah almost like Moire Hoiro’oh etc. He also brings two halachos from his mother
5) Hakdamah in the Chavas Yair writes ,his grandmother Chava *2
knew more Torah ,than many Roshei Yeshivos.
6) Sister of R. Yeshaya Berlin (Pik)
The Tosfos Brocho *3 Parshas Vayishlach writes, Ms. Berlin (sister of R. Y. Berlin)
was known to be a very learned woman and quotes a vort from her
IM LAVAN GARTI
Rashi writes that Yackov said Aba hivtichani hevei g’vir l’ochicho v’lo niskaymo vi.
Our father has promised me that You will be a gvir to your brother and it wasn’t
fulfilled , vi (in me)
Ms. Berlin said that the word GVIR is made up of two words. a) ger( gimmel reish)
b) vi (veis yud)
If you remove the veis and the yud from gvir you will be left with ger
Yackov told Esauv that Yitzchock promised that I will become a gvir but lo niskaymah
Vi The vi of gvir was left out., hence I am only a ger Im Lavan Garti and there is no
reason to be jealous.
*1 Pesachim 62b learned 300 halachos in one day
*2 The Shla Hakodesh wanted to marry her in zivug 2
She refused him. The Shiah said on himself " I wasn't
zoche to marry such a holy woman".*3 R. Boruch Epstien (Torah Temima)
Post a Comment
anything that is not relevant to the post will be marked as spam.