SEE HERE POST ABOUT CHUMASH PARTY
A Vav at the beginning of a word can serve as three functions
1) Vav Hachibur ,connecting to the previous word or sentence (and)
2 ) Vav Hamehapech , reverse future to past or past to future.
3) Vav Hachibur + Hamehapech , both functions.( 1+2)
1) Moshe V’aharon
2) Yikrah = he will call (future) –
Vayikrah = he called
2) Osoh = he made
_ Veosoh = he shall make
3) Yomar = he will say (future)
-- Vayomar = a) he said (past)
– b) and he said (past+ and) [Mehapech +Chibur
Vayikrah is a new Parsha and Chumash. The Vav can’t be a Chibur it has no
connection to the previous Parsha. The Vav can act only as a Mehapech.
Therefore the correct translation is He called , not And he called.
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Why The Rebbe Was Wrong At The Chumash Party
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Impress Your Shver This Pesach
Pesach Sale . Now available for download at the kindle store . Only .99 cents!! reg price $4.99 Best divrei Torah for your Pesach...
רבי רבי רבי איך וויל זיך מקשר זיין צו דיר The lyrics to this song are based on the Tefillah of the Breslover Chasidim who say before...
Clarks Men's Cotrell Step Slip-On Loafer has a list price of $90 and is now selling for JUST $18!!!!!!!!! CLICK HERE TO SEE DEAL
The Deer Stags Unisex-Child Wings Slip-on Loafe r runs at $65 and is now JUST $11.30!!!!!! CLICK HERE TO SEE DEAL
Do you have a mekor for this? How would you translate V'eileh at the beginning of Sefer Shemos?ReplyDelete
And actually the Rashbam, Ibn Ezra, Daas Z'keinim, Rosh, Chizkuni & Rabbeinu Bachye all connect the first posuk of Vayikra to the end of P'kudei posuk 35.
See also Medrash Tanchuma & Targum Yonasan; however the Malbim says that the Sifra would argue.
1) Sevara Bealma (Art Scroll agrees)ReplyDelete
2) V. Shemos has to be Chibur See Ibn Ezra , Ramban Or Hachaim & Sechel Tov.
3) All Meforshim you mention are according to Drush. According to Pshat (Teitch)
Vav is only Hipuch and not Chibur.אמבצי